|Jesus Doesnít Really Care !!!!
by Brother Johnny Campbell
|And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour? And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
- Luke 10:25-37
We live in a world that looks like and seems that nobody cares. But, this society is no different than the society that Jesus lived in. No one cared then! And no one cares now. But, "time out!" "Hold on!" Jesus doesnít care either!
|I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
- Psalms 142:4
David said, "nobody cared for my soul."
|But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
- Luke 10:40
Martha said, "Lord, donít you care that my sister is letting me do all the work?
DONíT YOU CARE JESUS?"
|And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
- Mark 4:38
Jesus is asleep in the boat, on a pillow. Jesus doesn't care that we are going to perish!
Can you see the PICTURE?
A Picture of the SINNER (v. 30)
- The Sinner's Course (went down)
- The Sinner's Calamity (fell) we all fell from Adam
- The Sinner's Condition (stripped, wounded half dead, alone)
B Picture of man made Religion (priest)
His ceremonies, ordinances, rituals, and good works (priests donít care - they are the Pharisees of our day.)
C Picture of perfect Religion (Levite-LAW)
- The LAW speaks of wrath, judgment, and vengeance
- The LAW has no place of mercy, peace, or grace
- The LAW is loveless, joyless, and hopeless
- The Levite doesnít care.
- But there is one more fellow:
- The Samaritan doesnít care either.
Jesus doesn't care? Let's see:
A He doesnít care WHO you are! He loves you! (v. 33)
- He demonstrated it. He came to where he was.
- The deepness of his love goes down in the ditch with the sinner.
B He doesn't care WHERE you are! He can lift you up! (Psalm 40)
Well, SHOUT YES somebody! Have you forgotten??
C He doesnít care WHY you are
there! He can help you!
AMEN!!!! GLORY! GLORY!
- He doesnít care how low you are. He can pick you up.
- He doesnít care how dirty you are. He can clean you up.
- He doesnít care how broken you are. He can bind you up .
- He doesnít care how broke you are. He can pay you up.
- He doesnít care how far you are. He can bring you back.
- He doesnít care how sad you are. He can cheer you up.
- He doesnít care how empty you are. He can fill you up.
- He doesnít care how lost you are. He can SAVE you!